Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lt1 6speed 98 S10?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1 6speed 98 S10?

finally swaping my s10 to a V8. A friend of mine past away in a car accident. his was a 94 Z28, i bought the mangled mess, i know he wouldnt want it to get scraped with a good motor and trans. I planned on doing an ls1 but i m doing this for him.

i want to semi bulid the motor. but since i dont know that much about the lt1 i ll need some help guys. i ve been searching a little her and on s10forum too. i d like to see 350-400 hp but i know its going to take some money

thanks for the help guys
-Kevin
Old 08-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

I'm sure a lot of people will say why waste the money on the LT1, but I can respect your decision to honor your friend like that.
Fortunately the LT1 will drop in as easily as a standard 350 will, maybe even easier without the distributor in the back.

When you say 350-400 horse, do you mean at the crank or wheels?
Off the bat, you might want to check out the LT1/4 section on this site, might get some mroe responses. First of all, you'll want to look at some better heads. You can get the stock heads to flow but it costs a lot, money that you could just put towards a new set of heads that will out-flow some ported stockers easily. Depends on your budget. A good cam and long tubes and you're sitting at 400+ to the wheels with a good tune.

Just depends on your budget really!
Best of luck!
Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Teching In

thanks man, i ve heard of elliot port works?

so good size cam like the 503? and full exhaust with tune will get around close to 400?

Quick Reply: lt1 6speed 98 S10?