Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/c wiring info needed...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c wiring info needed...

doing some playing around with ac wiring and heres what ive got. I am using blu 42 as the ground switch for a single fan and single relay and the fan operates normally. When i setup the VA i want the fans to turn on with it. After doing some testing, i put 12+ to (red 18) and the fan relay switched on as did the fan. when i removed it the fan turned off. So if i tie into one of the va 12+ wires when the sytem is turned on would this be the correct setup? if so then i just need to find out which pin is used to up the idle? anyone know which one?
thanks for any help
Old 09-30-2009, 01:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lsxfirstgen
doing some playing around with ac wiring and heres what ive got. I am using blu 42 as the ground switch for a single fan and single relay and the fan operates normally. When i setup the VA i want the fans to turn on with it. After doing some testing, i put 12+ to (red 18) and the fan relay switched on as did the fan. when i removed it the fan turned off. So if i tie into one of the va 12+ wires when the sytem is turned on would this be the correct setup? if so then i just need to find out which pin is used to up the idle? anyone know which one?
thanks for any help
try this, I haven't verified it yet, but some members have looked at it and says all looks good. This should allow everything to function as needed.

Last edited by ssduane; 01-01-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Teching In

how about the pin thats used for the idle up, does anyone know what # it is? or is it tied in with the rest of system.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lsxfirstgen
how about the pin thats used for the idle up, does anyone know what # it is? or is it tied in with the rest of system.
I guess it would be red 18. clutch relay signal telling the PCM the A/C is on. might also need the input from the pressure switch telling the PCM the A/C system has adequete pressure.

Last edited by ssduane; 09-30-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Teching In

i might just have to wait and get it all installed and see how it goes. i didnt have any idle change when i powered red 18 but it many need more readings.

Quick Reply: a/c wiring info needed...