Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers

Is there headers that will work with 4.6 k-member and modified mounts and if not whats the best manifold choice.BTW its a fox body car.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

I have used both a UPR k member and the Maximum (same as Granatelli) k members and the Kooks headers do not fit, either do the Dynatech headers. I also tried to use some fbody manifolds, truck manifolds, gto manifolds and lastly the C5 vette manifolds.....

All of the manifolds either interfered with the steering shaft or they hit on part of the K member or chassis just before the tunnel from what I remember. If you have someone who can weld the cast iron manifolds then you may be able to cut the manifold back a bit and weld a v band flange on. That bulky three bolt flange is what hit every time. If you're going boosted then the manifolds are great since they can be run facing forward.

Which K member are you planning on using? Are you running an aluminum or iron block LS motor? I prefer to use solid mounts welded to a plate if you have an iron block. If an aluminum block then you just extend the "rear leg" of the mount and you're good to go.

Is your foxbody originally a 4 cylinder car or 5.0? If 4 cyl car - keep the 4 cyl trans crossmember as it can be easily modified to work with the 4l60e and I believe the t56 as well.

Good luck with it!!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lt1mf
Is there headers that will work with 4.6 k-member and modified mounts and if not whats the best manifold choice.BTW its a fox body car.

Best bet here is to sell off the SBF K member and put a few bucks with that and buy the AJE one for that motor and headers as well as everythign else will fit a lot better with less head ache.