Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

factory ECM and harness or all aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory ECM and harness or all aftermarket

i have a 2000 5.3 with a TH 400 so i have a factory ECM and harness. witch way should i go? aftermarket ECM and harness or have my factory ECM reflashed and "re-do" my harness? (take out the wires i dont need).?

i found this site it seems good?
currentperformance.com

Last edited by 50kta; 10-30-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if u feel like spending 700+ for reworked harness and waiting weeks for it,thats one option.
u can custom make ur own for like 50bucks using the very very very good website.

www.lt1swap.com

Plus whatever u save u can get performance mods and live tune.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

look up wait 4 me performance, rework harness and PCM for around $300
Old 10-31-2009, 08:26 AM
Launching!

If you have the time +want to learn and spend 10-20 hrs redo the stock one it's not very hard,alldata is a good source $25,also lots of info on the net. That's the way I went.I figured the worst I can do is screw it up and then have to buy one. I was rewarded for my time all wires ran the way I wanted them,pcm fuse box were I wanted and it started on the first crank.Also have the knowledge to trouble shoot in the future.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Talking

Originally Posted by Smo's04Gto
If you have the time +want to learn and spend 10-20 hrs redo the stock one it's not very hard,alldata is a good source $25,also lots of info on the net. That's the way I went.I figured the worst I can do is screw it up and then have to buy one. I was rewarded for my time all wires ran the way I wanted them,pcm fuse box were I wanted and it started on the first crank.Also have the knowledge to trouble shoot in the future.
The knowledge you gain if you do the work yourself will be priceless. No one can take that away. It's not the easiest thing I have ever done, but its not that difficult either. Take your time, be sure of your connections, and you will be rewarded with a harness thats just as reliable as any. Use common sense, no wires on headers,close to moving parts, things like that. No stupid stuff. You would not belive what I have saw. There's plenty of help right here if you get stumped. Oh, you will save plenty $$$ too. Hope this helps, Dean.

Quick Reply: factory ECM and harness or all aftermarket