Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 z28 for $1000 for a A body conversion, what to take off?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 z28 for $1000 for a A body conversion, what to take off?

Hey guys, I just picked up a 99 stock z28 with under 100k. It was in a front end wreck and friend will sell whole car for 1000.

I know about the engine, trans, wire harness, computer, driveshaft but im looking for all the little things I can remove that may help my install into a 72 chevelle.

front and rear discs? fuel pump? exhaust manifolds? etc etc...

Im trying to built this on a TIGHT budget. Im hoping to part out interior, t-tops, hatch, doors, lights, trim, bumper, cats, exhaust etc for at least $500.

thanks
Old 11-16-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should be able to sell off the rest of the body and other part to recover and cover the cost of swap parts.

I got a 02' Z28 for $1750 with front end damage, and I have been selling off part fairly cheap and have recover most of my cash already..

you can use the brakes if you get the adapter, fairly cheap.. but you have to options.. 1) use to left side setup for the rear
2) relocate the right side shock.
If your going to use the e-brake cable setup. take the cable attachment plate on the top of the trans tunnel, just drill out the spot welds, you can use it, I am planning to do that.

The exhaust Manifold will work out ok, i used them for a while and then when with Edelbrock heard when there was a GP on the forum.

Atlease you will have many part to use as you may find out as you go along.

I still have the t-top, rear end, seats and a lot more to sell off, if I only had the time.

Good luck and keep us posted.. Many A-Body guys to question and get answer.. you can PM me if you have question.

BC
Old 11-17-2009, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to find a front end damaged car for 1000. You could make some good money off of that.

Quick Reply: 99 z28 for $1000 for a A body conversion, what to take off?