Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E46 Track only conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E46 Track only conversion

So I'm almost done parting out our 02 330ci.

I'm getting to the point of selling the body pieces and still really wanted to do a track car out of it.

I read all about what doesn't work on the E46 and that led me to start to part it out.

I'd like to turn it into a track only car, not street legal.

Just a drivers seat, passenger seat(for instructing), steering wheel, pedals, and basic gauges.

I'll be pulling all the electronics, no headlights, turn signals...I will need brake lights but thats it. No ABS, ESP, etc. No AC, etc.

The suspension is left on the car and I was going to start to sell that but I've gotten enough out of the interior and rest of the car.

I've tried to follow all the different iterations but what is the easiest and cheapest motor to get a hold of? Everything will be completely stand alone.

Only requirement is it must be aluminum. I've seen you can pick up the 5.3 aluminum motor's for around 900.

Any consideration to gauges? speedo, rpm, water, oil(temp and pressure), and voltage.

also someone mentioned they had gotten ahold of a foam LSx block to do fitment, anyone have a link for that?
Old 11-21-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.ls1speed.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000546

Quick Reply: E46 Track only conversion