Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need engine mount adapter plate help

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need engine mount adapter plate help

Does anyone know where I can get 1/4 inch thick LS adapter plates. I've found a bunch of 5/16 and 3/8 thick but they are causing fitment issues with my swap. I know I can have them made but it would be cheaper if someone already makes them

Thanks
Old 12-09-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there pretty easy to make urself actually. if you need the measurements lemme know
Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

I don't think anybody makes them that thin because you wouldn't have as much metal to bolt to. But like was said already, they're easy to make and there's templates on here in the FAQ's. But what kind of fitment problems are you having? Alot of people have used them without problems. If the bolt holes are just not lineing up, try loosening up the frame stands where the bolt to the frame, (don't take them completely out, just loosen them) then see if the bolts will go into the motor mounts. Hope this helps.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the measurements and they say 1/4 inch?

My whole swap is unique. I am installing in a non lifted 4X4 Jimmy so there is crossmember/front differential fitment issues. There is no way the stock crossmember will work as the oil pan/block is just a little wider than a SBC. I am keeping my NP205 in the stock location so I don't need new driveshafts and I won't have to cut the floor or alter the shifter opening (Floor is rust free and lined (like LineX)). I tried a DIY4X4 first gen crossmember but his hoop under the engine was not big enough and his engine mount bolt holes were 1/4 inch closer together than mine (why I was looking into the 1/4 inch plates). I made a template and sent it off to Kert at DIY4X and I am hoping he can fab me up a crossmember. There are no good fabricators locally and I don't have the capabilities to bend/notch tubing. I can weld but they are not the prettiest but have never broken?

Here is his crossmember

And here is the template I made him to try and make me a new crossmember

Quick Reply: Need engine mount adapter plate help