Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 S14 Midtown Tire car

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 S14 Midtown Tire car

Just started on the LS1 swap for my 95 S14 SE. AKA the black Midtown Tire / Redneck car. As some of you may know I bought this car with the intentions of putting V8 power into it. Due to some unforseen financial circumstances (having a kid, house not selling, S2000 not selling for what I wanted, economy, etc. blah blah blah) this process has taken alot longer than I initially planned. Last summer I settled for a manual trans conversion / LSD swap with a big thanks to Tyler at Killswitch Performance for the encouragement and parts to do the job. Since then I have learned to drift my car with a completely stock KA and some suspension work. Finally the stars have aligned and the LS1 is on the way. Found a low mileage motor out of an 04 GTO and T56 6 speed trans, complete with ecu and wiring harness. Bought a modfied cross member, mount kit and one piece drive shaft from Daft Innovations.
Started Sunday removing the stock powertrain and getting the car ready for the swap.

Having some issues posting pics. Will fix soon.

Last edited by Seth77; 04-06-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Okay, so these pics and this update are more than a little late, but here they are.

The burning rubber must mean its working. Welded diff makes it look easy

Sitting in the garage

Only engine pic I can find has some dork's kid on it. Oh yeah, that's my kid. Maybe he can drive it some day

Pulling out the stock engine

Was on here looking up info on which clutch to buy and realized I never added to this thread.

Thanks for looking!

Quick Reply: LS1 S14 Midtown Tire car