Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L92 with VVT/TKO600 swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L92 with VVT/TKO600 swap questions

I've ben reading a lot of posts on here trying to find a few things i'm trying to figure out. Seems like there's lots of L92 swaps with the VVt removed which makes it a simple swap as far as the ecm/harness choices go. I haven't found one that is doing exactly what I am doing. My speedo is using a cable drive autometer gauge, but the tailshaft also has a VSS sensor in it that is not being used so the ECM can use that for a VSS input.

My goal for now is to keep the VVT operational, find a place that'll modify my OEM harness and flash the ECM (because I already have it all and it's paid for) and then I can get it running in the car. I can worry about making more power afterwards. For now it'll just be getting a healthier VVT cam and some headwork. I'm sort of over the huge amounts of torque/hp and want a decent runner that I can do long hauls with as well as track days. 200+ pounds off the nose will be nice too.

It's going into a pro touring 71 chevelle that currently has a 640hp 496ci bbc in it. I'll probably go with a keisler bellhousing and a thicker conversion flywheel unless anyone has any other insight into making the rear portion work.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build, can't wait to see the pics!!

As far as the ECM & harness go, I'd contact John @ Speartech.com. He's not the cheapest you'll find, but in the almost three years that I've been researching (& then doing) my swap, I've only heard of one person who wasn't happy the 1st time, & from what I could see, it was resolved pretty quickly. He's got good credentials too.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: L92 with VVT/TKO600 swap questions