Sponsored by:

cable TB on dbw truck intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cable TB on dbw truck intake

I have a couple of questions.

1.Has anyone used a cable throttle body on a truck intake that came with dbw throttle body? I don't see where I can mount the ls1 cable bracket.

2. What do you use to plug off the egr on the intake?

It looks like my fuel rail has only the feed and no return?

Trying to keep initial cost down (keep missing the great deals on complete ls6 intakes ) and sold my dbw tb because I want to eliminate any other wiring that would be added, that and heard if you don't mind the looks, they perform like an ls6 if you are going mild. I am only installing a ls6 cam and full length headers, otherwise stock lq4.

thanks to any that can help
Old 03-04-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

To mount the cable bracket you'll need the thread inserts that go in the intake, I've removed them from a broken intake before, and reinstalled them on a newer intake, they're hard to remove, but once you get them out they tapped in the new intake easily.

The EGR can be blocked off with a factory block off plate, its a stamped sheet metal piece with an o ring, I don't have the part number but they're cheap at the dealer.

For the fuel rail, if it's a returnless style, just use the Corvette fuel filter/ regulator.

Quick Reply: cable TB on dbw truck intake