Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sn95 stock k member

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sn95 stock k member

Has anyone built a sn95 with a stock k member I noticed everyone going aftermarket but has anyone tried the gto pan on the stock ' member to see if it fits? The reason I'm asking is my wife has one she wants built up and I have a lq4 that's ready to go and if I can keep the car as stock as possible I'd like to. I'm not very trusting of tube k members one the street
Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

from what ive read, stock k will work with ls1 and truck pans
Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

A truck pan will clear but theres nothing like having the k-member swapped. Makes a ton of room under the car to work with.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:02 AM
TECH Regular

So the room is the reason guys like to swap them in? Ok thanks. I've seen to many crack k members on the street to make me comfortable especilly since its my wifes car and I won't get to keep as close an eye on it as I'd like
Old 03-30-2010, 06:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dogger
...has anyone tried the gto pan on the stock ' member to see if it fits?
The GTO pan is a FRONT sump and thus will not fit. The truck pan is deep as hell and will hang well below (possibly 1 - 2 inches) the stock k member.

My 1997 Thunderbird uses a "muscle car oil pan kit" from GMPP and it fit but just barely hangs below the stock member with the engine fitting under the stock hood. The pan I used is about 1.5 to 2 inches shorter than the truck pan. I could have raised the engine up a slight bit however using the stock hood was paramount to my sleeper swap. Besides I have plenty of ground clearance and driving lowered cars is normal for me so this is almost like a 4x4 truck (1.5" away from stock height). I'm not sure how similar these cross members are but I've been told my car is the same or similar to certain year mustangs in that area.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: sn95 stock k member