Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-wiring 93 mustang body.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re-wiring 93 mustang body.

Ok guys looking for a little help here. I think I've got it down but I want to make sure I've got things at least sorted out.

Here is a wiring diagram I just made for the firewall forward. I want to make sure I've got it right before I move to far.

I've also gotta make a wiring diagram for the firewall back also. Some things I'm not for sure on, is how to wire up the running lights. Like when I turn on the headlights I want the lights to come on in the back like normal, the light up brighter when I hit the brake. I'm not exactly for sure how to do that.

I'm also not exactly for sure what size wire to run, because I really don't know how many amps this stuff pulls. I know I'm going to run welding cable from the battery to the alternator, then probably a 6 to the starter, and another 6 to the power distribution block. Everything else I'm guessing will probably be 16 gauge.

I've got wiring diagrams on my mustang, like the headlights were only on a 15a fuse. Yet on another site, it shows headlights pull like 50+ amps on high.

Anyways guys I'm looking for some help. I'm going to be gutting all the wiring out of the car, but I will be using the factory connectors on everything. I'm just going to be leaving like 5" of wire connected to it.

Last edited by bjamick; 04-15-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Here is the factory fusebox diagram:

I'm looking at what all can I consolidate for the body harness?

Like headlights, blinkers, brake lights on one 20A fuse
Wiper motor and dome light on one 15A fuse.

I was hoping I could squeeze everything into 4 fuses.

Last edited by bjamick; 04-15-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Anybody see any problems with what I have on my diagram?

Any help on the consolidating part?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this car going to be street driven? I assume it is. I wouldn't consolidate as you have listed just out of fear of running into issues blowing fuses. I would keep the rear brake lites tied into the dash lites(usually done so you know when your brake lites are out). The rear brake lites will have hook up for signal from head light switch(dim) and from the brake switch(bright).

I don't see anything wrong with what you have drawn up, except you don't have a ground drawn in at the battery (-).
Old 04-16-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok so your saying my stock headlight switch will have a hookup for the running lights for when I turn the lights on? I haven't actually layed eyes on the switch yet so I'm not really for sure.

So you're saying just consolidate the headlamps, dim brake lights and brake lights all on one fuse? Wouldn't that need like a 30A fuse with prob 14 gauge wire. Bc I know the wire is supposed to be stronger then the fuse.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just rewired my car (Mazda) with ez2wire4u 14 circuit kit from ebay. Works great. Really great kit for the money. It was a little over $200 and had pretty much all the connections you would need for your mustang. To me it was worth it because by the time I bought all the connections, wires, fuses, fuse block, wired everything up, got the flashers etc sorted it all out $200 was a steal to have it all prepackaged and labeled. The fuse box they supply is compact and easy to mount. If you need more circuits they also offer a 22 circuit kit for more money, or if you want something bare-bones they have an 8 circuit kit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KW14E...spagenameZWDVW just an idea....

Quick Reply: Re-wiring 93 mustang body.