Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front oxygen sensors... location info sought

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Front oxygen sensors... location info sought

I'm on the tail end of my conversion and ran into what I think is a big exhaust shop screw up. He did a cross over and put the driverside o2 sensor BEHIND where the cross over.

I think this is causing a lean misfire because the driverside o2 sensor is reading 2x.

So, with that out of the way, is there a minimum, maximum, and ideal location for the front oxygen sensors?

I don't believe the exhaust shop left enough room of the driverside to move the o2 sensor *mad*
Old 05-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as close to the engine as possible notice where they are on a stock exhaust manifold if using long tube headers as close to header flange as possible ..both should be about same distance from engine
Old 05-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default O2 sensor

I am using Camaro exhaust manifolds on my LS conversion. Based on what 1 badsc said. the holes in the manifold are for the 02 sensors rather than welding a bung in the pipe close to the manifold
Attached Thumbnails Front oxygen sensors... location info sought-cakaro-exhaust0001.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the pictures/replies. It gives me some hope of fixing this problem cheap.

Quick Reply: Front oxygen sensors... location info sought