Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 into Jeep...intermittent codes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 into Jeep...intermittent codes?

I am in the final stages of swapping an '06 LQ4 into a 2003 jeep TJ. I had test fired the motor numerous times, checked the throttle and all seemed to be well. I was getting no codes whatsoever. I finally took it for a drive the other day with no issues.

Later that day, I had to disconnect the ECM to test a couple of wires (tach, vss....not related to this problem) and when I re-connected the ECM I started getting codes P1125, P2125, and P2138........and I get no throttle response from the DBW. I immediately assumed something was up with the way I reconnected the ECM so I disconnected, re-checked all the pins, and tried again with no luck.

I did this a couple of times and still no luck. Then all of a sudden, it starts working again, then it stops, then starts, etc. I've probably started the damn thing about 2 dozen times in the last few days and these codes keep showing up and then disappearing.

I have tested the continuity of the serial data wires between the ECM and the TAC module, checked the 12v keyed power to the TAC......all appear to be fine.

Pretty much lost at this point and wondering where I should start looking next.

Any ideas are much appreciated.