Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autometer tach on 04 ls1...suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autometer tach on 04 ls1...suggestions??

I´ve just started my new conversion engine, 04 LS1/A4 GTO, on my 73 camaro, also have installed autometer carbon fiber instruments, read that if a put a resistor between the signal ans 12v suply i will be able tio read the engine ECU RPM signal, also need to put the tach on 4 cyl. mode. How can i know if the reading is OK, the engines idles high (according to sound) and tach shows 3k rpm, think that reading is not ok.

Please your help..
Old 07-06-2010, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re

I assume you are using a stand alone aftermarket harness? Should have a computer ALDL port to plug into for codes, etc. You can read rpm as well. Most mechanics have one if you can drive the car there. I had the same issue with idle on an LS7 install but it was a bad "drive by wire" pedal. The pedals on LS2 and LS7 sweep a signal as its pressed through its range and mine wouldnt let the engine see under about 3K RPM. Changed the pedal and it was fine. I just did the resistor thing today on another LS7 install. 1K / 1/4 -1/2 watter works like a charm. I am using an autometer tach. Where the 12V+ and the SIG wires hook to the tach, I spliced into each wire with the 1K resistor.

Originally Posted by patoruzrs73
I´ve just started my new conversion engine, 04 LS1/A4 GTO, on my 73 camaro, also have installed autometer carbon fiber instruments, read that if a put a resistor between the signal ans 12v suply i will be able tio read the engine ECU RPM signal, also need to put the tach on 4 cyl. mode. How can i know if the reading is OK, the engines idles high (according to sound) and tach shows 3k rpm, think that reading is not ok.

Please your help..