Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 into a 66' Impala - Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.3 into a 66' Impala - Won't start

I have installed a 2001 5.3L and 4l60e trans into a 66' Impala. I used a factory 2003 harness and converted to a DBW system using 03' pedal, TAC, and trottle body. I am still using the 2001 fuel injectors and coils.

The engine cranks but won't start. I have tested almost every wire for continuity and checked for grounds and hot leads. Everything seems correct.

I get PO1125 and PO315 codes when I check the scanner. I know the 315 is a crank sensor relearn and the 1125 indicates a bad sensor in the trhrottle system.

Also the throttle body does not open or close when moving the trottle pedal although it does do a quick movement when the key is first turned on.

I have tested each of the seperate parts (throttle pedal, throttle body, TAC, PCM) on another vehicle and it starts just fine. I figure I made a mistake in the harness somewhere, but have run out of ideas.

I need some ideas! I was supposed to have this car reeady for my youngest son for Christmas.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Update

First, my son reminded me that we did not actually installthe throttle body on my other vehicle, only plugged it in to verify that it would open and close, as commanded by the pedal.

Second, I got frustrated and sprayed starting fluid down the intake and the engine runs for a second or two then shuts down (runs out of starting fluid).

? - How can I check to see if the injectors are firing?

I have 62 psi fuel pressure at the rail.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff