Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSi harness an O2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSi harness an O2 sensor

I got my new psi harness for installing the LS1 in my jeep and I got to looking at everything and the the plugin connectors for the O2 sensors are different and the O2 sensors I have have fours wires and I cant find any pig tails on the new harness that have four wires and not of them look like the O2 sensors plug in that came on the engine. any ideas I haven't been able to get ahold of PSI yet. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have square connector o2 sensors?? and the psi has like oval connector? that was what happend to me, i had to take a old wire harness and put the square style on the new harness... those style are for like 02 z06 i belive and lt1 motors i was told.. the reason they put them on the harness is due to the fact more people are running that style because they are cheaper... any questions let me know.. i just went through this last week
Old 02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

HO2s have 4 wires, tan, ppl, pnk, blk and are generally 18ga where most others are 20ga

These are the two most common HO2s, used but Ive seen over a dozen different ones. LS1s use the 4 square while early LSx trucks and LT1s used 4 wire flats
Old 02-25-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you have a red/blue connector pcm, you need o2 sensors with black connectors. Either flat four or square four will work, just need to buy the ones you need. Ls1 camaro's used square connectors and some Corvettes (I know 2002 for sure)had flat four connectors. If you dont want to buy new sensors, you can repin them with different connectors.

If you have a green/blue connector pcm, you need square white connector o2's.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ls1nova, that is all correct thanks for the clarification. Our dbc harness uses the 4 flats. Our DBW ls uses the 4 square and the vortex DBW uses the 4 square white. P/ns are in our instructions and available on our site.

There are many variations, square, flat, trapezoid, all male and female used on different models for front and rear sensors. We tried to use the most common for each application.

I would recommend new O2s when doing a swap anyway as a dead or slow O2 can cause a driveability problem.

Quick Reply: PSi harness an O2 sensor