Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts suggesion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Parts suggesion?

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this or not. But i'm about to put a 6.0 together, to go in a 83 chevy caprice and need a little suggestion on parts and where to get them. Car will be a daily driver

Here is what i have so far and what i wanna get.

lq4 short block (2001)
i have a set of 799 heads that i'm sending to tea or AI to get cnc'd
what gm head bolt kit to use with this combo?
what oil pump should i use with his setup?
Flat top pistons.
not sure on lifters either. wanna go back with stock, but keep reading that the stock replacements are ls7. would i have to change the lifter trays to run those?
arp rod and main bolts.
i have a tbss intake that i got with the motor. not sure if it will clear the hood.If not will be using a ls6.(will be getting ported along with heads)
what application should i get the head gasket for? trying to get 11:1 compression.
Also will be making a custom instrument cluster. so will i need electrical or mechanical gauges? i know for the speedo i will need a mechanical. But which one for the oil, water,fuel, and tach?
should i go with 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 headers? trying to get at least 420rwhp. Will i be able to achieve this with ebay 1 3/4 headers? if not will probably get hooker. how much difference in hp will it be between 1 3/4 & 1 7/8?
thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Last edited by greenturtle05; 03-06-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Launching!

anybody?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Too many question and not enough time.. but I take a stab at a few of the questions. (next time try a few questions at a time.. )

You seem to have done your research.. keep going on that.. cause there is never a good one anwser for your questions.

If a DD, then make sure your build and parts are designed with this in mind. don't go over board with parts. (Cam).'

Use a ported LS6, no other mod will be required (Timing Chain or spacers).

LS7 are fine, not sure you have to change the tray.. but they are cheap, would be better off in the long run.

Head gasket.. that is a long way off with just changing the gasket.. you will have to mill the heads. but OEM or any of the MLS once are good, would not spend any more than that for a DD.

Go Electrical. too much trouble with running Mech ones. The water sender is usually too big to fit anywhere.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Sorry for all the questions in one post just didn't wanna make a million threads. I am going to mill the heads just needed to know which head gasket for that combo being that those heads don't come on that engine.

Quick Reply: Parts suggesion?