Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq4 into 1966 Chevy c10 stepside

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lq4 into 1966 Chevy c10 stepside

This is my project; a 1966 Chevy c10 shortbed stepside. I knew shortly after I bought it, that it had to have an LS powered heart.
It has already been pulled off the frame and painted, lowered and notched, switched over to front disk, and been given a fuel cell. The body had not been touched since a sketchy repaint in the 80's (hence the metallic green body).

My next step was to pull the old motor (a mildly built 355 and 700r4 which are now for sale).

To make room for the new combo:
2003/4 LQ4 DBW motor with a Tsunami cam and Ford SVO injectors, along with a somewhat built 4l80e and convertor.

And with a little luck and the aid of my new favorite shop tool (load leveler for hoist), she's in place.

Over the next few weeks I'll be hooking up the dbw pedal, and moving on to the wiring etc. I also have a full disc brake conversion in the works, with big wilwoods. Then its on to the mini-tub for bigger meats. Even more stuff in the works after that. I'll keep some tossing up updates when I can. I have a full build over at 67-72 Chevy truck forum if anyone is interested in seeing all the details.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love it

thinking about selling my mustang roller for and old truck like this

Quick Reply: Lq4 into 1966 Chevy c10 stepside