Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

inline fuel pumps - recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 02:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inline fuel pumps - recommendations?

my 65 chevelle has a tbi/700r4 that was swapped in by the original owner. im starting my first swap ever pretty soon (already purchased the LQ4 and 4L80E, almost done planning my parts list). the car is currently running a inline fuel pump and have decided to go that route versus a intank pump.

the engine is just going to be a stock lq4 with a tune (less than 350hp/400tq)

i was thinking redoing the wires any lines that dont look "right" - and relocating the inline pump and filter closer to the tank

what i had on my mind (unless there are any better options out there):

WALBRO GSL392 (goes for $100 shipped with a installation kit)

its rated at 255lph which should be more than enough for my stock lq4 - and hopefully even enough if i do a cam down the road (running a walbro 255 in my brothers procharged 01 ss)

what do you guys think? are there any better options?

thanks everyone
Old 06-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Launching!

That's the same pump I'm running in my swap. Works great so far. Just pay attention to the mounting. Try and keep it at the same level or lower than the tank..

Tails
Old 06-19-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that's a very good option. In my opinion, the next step up would be a Bosch 044 pump, which would probably be way more than you need. The Walbro is a great bang for the buck.

There was some talk going around about a year ago about counterfeit Walbro pumps. That's the only thing I would look into.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Launching!

thanks fastkat and tails8 -- i was wondering if i needed to use some kind of fuel regulator with my lq4?
Old 06-19-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can probably find the answer by using the search function and narrowing your question down to the Conversions section OR... check out http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/ which is a sister-forum to LS1tech. I think your LS1tech username and password will get you in. Since that's focused on trucks, they might be able to answer the question or have it in their archives.

I think the early Corvette fuel rail (with both a feed and return line on the rail) had the regulator built into the rail. That design was quickly replaced with a rail that had one inlet only, which required an external filter/regulator unit.

If your truck fuel rail has both a feed and return line on the rail, it's possible that the regulator is built into the rail. If not, the Corvette filter/regulator unit is inexpensive and relatively easy to plumb into the system.

Quick Reply: inline fuel pumps - recommendations?