Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 into a 1998 toyota avalon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ls1 into a 1998 toyota avalon?

Has anyone done this before?" it's my daily driver and i was wondering if it's been done before, must be pretty sweet lol my camaro gets better MPG than the avalon too, that's the shitty part
Old 06-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it a FWD or RWD? I tried to find the specs on your ca but i couldnt find out if it was a FWD or RWD. I think you might still have a chance to do it if its a FWD. That should be an interesting swap however! I find it weird that your camaro gets better gas mileage then your Avalon. You sure your Avalon is running correctly?
Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StealthWeaponLS1
Is it a FWD or RWD? I tried to find the specs on your ca but i couldnt find out if it was a FWD or RWD. I think you might still have a chance to do it if its a FWD. That should be an interesting swap however! I find it weird that your camaro gets better gas mileage then your Avalon. You sure your Avalon is running correctly?
Theyre FWD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Avalon

Now could be an interesting swap but thats a lot of work to convert
Old 06-22-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Use a LS4 then

Have to ask, why an Avalon?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Teching In

The Avalon and Sienna are very close cousins...you might want to compare your floorpan to the AWD sienna floorpan and see if you could adapt any of those parts or at least get some ideas for what they did. Was there an AWD avalon? Easy enough to hang a custom suspension/rear back there if you wanted to go RWD and sometimes easier to re-invent the wheel anyway in these cases. sounds interesting...I had considered an LS4 transverse swap in my Sienna for towing and hauling the kids around but damn if I can't kill this old 3.0 liter after 230k+ miles.

Quick Reply: ls1 into a 1998 toyota avalon?