Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Gauges??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default After Market Gauges??

Can anyone tell me which gauges will work with stock PCM for a 2002 LQ4? I installed this engine, and harness in a 1981T/A, but some of the stock gauges dont work, so what will work to replace them, and read signal from the LQ4 PCM, think the gauges need to be 3.5-4inch. I installed a Dakota thing for the the cable to go thru from the trans, so I have the cable, but the Tach is one of my concerns also.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which stock gauges were you trying to use? I have the oil pressure, water temp, tach, volts, all hooked up..... got special adapters, tach I just hooked up the white wire coming from the PCM, and a normal 12v on the two connectors, was working, but my circuit board on the back needs replaced, so sometimes the gauges work sometimes they dont, it helps to hook a wired ground to the back of the main cluster, as going through the original wiring isnt that great..... only thing is you need the adapter for the speedo, which it seems you have, and I dont.... for the water temp, look up nook and tranny, they sell a conversion harness for the 98 ls motors, that has 3 wires and one will go to your gauge, or you can get one to fit the passenger side head, they also have the oil pressure adapter, which uses the factory ls sending unit and has one wire you hook up to the factory unit.... works just great.....

Quick Reply: After Market Gauges??