Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 in a 90 c4

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq4 in a 90 c4

finally got started on the project .it's a 6 spd zf car and i'm going to a 4l65e.got the old engine and trans removed and then encountered a couple of interesting problems.a year ago i started gathering parts and bought a gm#19212593 pan kit. after i installed it,i found that the bellhousing bolt pattern is different. so i have now ordered the f-body pan. next,i tried to bolt the transmission to the engine for a trial fit in the car and it wouldn't move forward to the engine---hmmm.removed it and measured distance from the flexplate ring gear to the back of the engine---same as a 5.3 that had an auto trans.looked closer and the lq4 flexplate was flat while the 5.3 was dished away from the engine.found that the lq4 had the spacer on the crank.and this was a 2005 lq4,but it came from a 4500 stake truck. i didn't know the spacer was used on any of the newer engines.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spacer and flat flexplate was used on LQ4's with 4L80E trans , use the dished flexplate without the spacer with your trans. Stan

Quick Reply: lq4 in a 90 c4