Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulley System Question on 94 s10 ls1 swap.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulley System Question on 94 s10 ls1 swap.

Ok guys, so I recently just screwed myself over by trading my 95 z for a 94 s10 with a ls1 in it. However, it has a couple issues that I am in DESPERATE need of help with.

1. I believe the previous owner used 5.3 brackets. There is only 1 tensioner on my system currently, and it is attached to the ac compressor, which is located at the top passenger side of the pulley's. I am not positive he used 5.3 brackets just guessing from location of ac compressor.

So my question is, How do I remove the ac compressor from the equation all together, and add a tensioner to another area of the belt system? The compressor is just for looks right now anyway.

2. I am also having major electrical issues, there are times when my truck just wont start, it seems the battery wont hold a charge, however, it does survive for a short period of time if I charge it with my battery charger, but doesn't last long once driving. So, I know it's a rookie question, however, due to the swap I don't want to go replace tons of parts that I don't need to. The battery looks brand new, so I am doubting it's that, which leads me to alternator. Would that be everyone's guess?

I GREATLY appreciate any help I get on this. I am currently in the middle of a panic attack lol. I gotta get this fixed!

Thanks All!!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a pic of the accessory drive and post it. You probably have the c5 vette accessories with an aftermarket a/c relocation kit. To remove the a/c you need to get a stock belt tensioner and bolt it up to the water pump where the a/c bracket is bolted. Don't assume the battery is good. Have it tested before you start throwing expensive parts at it. Who knows how long the vehicle just sat while the swap was being done.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Default accessory & short

You should have 3 bosses on your water pump on the pass side to mount a tensioner to. I don't have ac on my LS1/39 Ford either.
As for the discharge. Try disconnecting the ground from the battery, put a
12V tester in between. Hook the ground alligator clip to the gnd clamp & the other end to the neg posts. If it lights up you have a draw somewhere. Pull fuses out 1 by 1 till the light goes out & then you have it narrowed down to a specific circuit. Look up a wiring diagram to see what is on that circuit & start disconnecting things till you find the short.
I can email you a pic of my accy drive if needed.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:24 AM
Teching In

Hey guys I got everyones pics, and it helped a TON thank you everyone, I really do appreciate it!!

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Pulley System Question on 94 s10 ls1 swap.