Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions about a lsx swap into 99-04 mustang GT's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default questions about a lsx swap into 99-04 mustang GT's?

just a couple questions. Yes. I searched.

I'm most likely going with a 5.3 motor, unless i get a smoking deal on a 5.7 or 6.0. Any Combo will be Carb with a vic Jr intake and a MSD ignition box/controller. Transmission will probably be a built 700r4. Going with a AJE Kmember.

Question 1. What headers work best? Are there alot of problems with interference with the steering shaft? I would like to keep my powersteering if possible, really just so my wife can drive it if she wants. I've read where some people used 351 headers with ls flanges welded on. is this the best route or what?

Question 2. This may sound silly, but if i want to retain all power/light features on the mustang, do i run the mustang computer simultaneously? I'm not quite sure how that would work, i've never done a motor swap across brands before, so i dunno.

Question 3. What kind of hood clearance are you guys typically getting out of these motors on an AJE kmember with a vic jr/carb intake? How big (if needed) of a cowl hood will i need? If i need one, i'm looking towards getting the VFN Cajun hood, just looks cool and different.

Thats all i've really got so far, i've gotten alot of great info, and i'm looking forward to getting everything collected for the swap. I think it'll be great to combine the looks of the new edge, and the strong rear end, with the powah of the almighty ls motors. Its been kind of tough as most people that actually did full write ups went with turbo motors, which i'm not going to do at this time. The plan is to have a nice cammed motor thats streetable that i can drive to the track and pull some 11s with on motor, and 10s on spray.

Quick Reply: questions about a lsx swap into 99-04 mustang GT's?