Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summit is awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Summit is awesome!

I know summit has a reputation for being good with returns, but they have proven it to me and earned a customer for life. I have been messing with a set of hooker ls1 a-body swap headers I ordered from summit a while ago. I've tried everything and they are hitting in several places. I finally called summit and after a couple minutes of going over my setup, they not only agreed to exhange the headers that I had scratched to hell trying to get in, but they sent a new set that day before I returned the scratched up set. On top of all that they arranged for UPS to come to my house to pick up the old headers so I didn't have to pay shipping. Awesome service.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They didn't get that big for having bad customer service. Great they came thru. What were you trying to put them into and what was their solution. I'm getting ready to do a 81 TA and was wondering what setup to get for a 98 LS..Again glad Summit came thru.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had them take back stuff I had bought a full year earlier. A starter and an ignition box, both never installed.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

My only complaint is the large handling fee even for small items. It leads to me often ordering from another place to get true "free shipping" on small orders.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by occhevelle
I know summit has a reputation for being good with returns, but they have proven it to me and earned a customer for life. I have been messing with a set of hooker ls1 a-body swap headers I ordered from summit a while ago. I've tried everything and they are hitting in several places. I finally called summit and after a couple minutes of going over my setup, they not only agreed to exhange the headers that I had scratched to hell trying to get in, but they sent a new set that day before I returned the scratched up set. On top of all that they arranged for UPS to come to my house to pick up the old headers so I didn't have to pay shipping. Awesome service.
You got Lucky i Ordered a Set of headers for a 68 chevy truck i was building for a friend a couple of years back i was putting a 93 TBI motor in it for him and called a talk to the tech guys at summit and told them what i had and the Tech guy told me the headers i needed to get so i Ordered them got them in and would not fit for nothing called summit back and told them the header's would not fit and all i got was a SORRY.

I was Pissed and even talked to the Head guy and he said that Summit was no longer gone to carry them header's and i could not return them i had only had them for like a week i did get them on sale and that was one of the problems but all summit was trying to do was move some Old Stock that was not moving good and i got stuck with them.

I did get the header's to work after i cut them up and made them work.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by occhevelle
Good to hear. I had a similar situation with a set of headers for our 1971 Nova LS2 Swap. Difference was, we ordered the headers listed on Summit's website for the application. However, once we received them they REALLY didnt fit. Checked the MFG website and saw that Summit had them identified incorrectly. Ended up getting a new set with free shipping return.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'