Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Envoy Denali LS3 Conversion.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Envoy Denali LS3 Conversion.......

I've looked through a bunch of post's and just haven't found this type of swap.
Just looking for problems ( major) with starting this application.
Have not purchased the vehicle yet, but they are very available. I have found several 2007-08 2WD Denali's in Florida. 4X4's are everywhere.
Planning to keep the 4-speed auto. This is a sleeper, not a racer.
I would appreciate any help with this application...........

Thanks............. baffles
Old 10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by baffles
I've looked through a bunch of post's and just haven't found this type of swap.
Just looking for problems ( major) with starting this application.
Have not purchased the vehicle yet, but they are very available. I have found several 2007-08 2WD Denali's in Florida. 4X4's are everywhere.
Planning to keep the 4-speed auto. This is a sleeper, not a racer.
I would appreciate any help with this application...........

Thanks............. baffles
my bad i read wrong im sorry, but i wouldnt think it would be TOO hard physically fitting it in, considering some came with the 5.3 and SS with the LS2 6.0, but i'm not sure of all the electrical differences. honestly a 6.0 swap would probably be alot simpler. and i think the LS3 can be made to work with the 6.0.

Last edited by kSStamp09; 10-09-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kSStamp09
my bad i read wrong im sorry, but i wouldnt think it would be TOO hard physically fitting it in, considering some came with the 5.3 and SS with the LS2 6.0, but i'm not sure of all the electrical differences. honestly a 6.0 swap would probably be alot simpler. and i think the LS3 can be made to work with the 6.0.
All Envoy Denali's came with the 5.3's, and my wife's 2006 is pretty peppy for the weight. I'm like you not knowing the match up's with a new LS3 crate motor and say a 2007-08 Denali's make up. Not like it was in the 60's. Very easy to do a swap...............Just want to think this through before buying pieces/parts...........baffles
Old 10-10-2011, 03:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by baffles
All Envoy Denali's came with the 5.3's, and my wife's 2006 is pretty peppy for the weight. I'm like you not knowing the match up's with a new LS3 crate motor and say a 2007-08 Denali's make up. Not like it was in the 60's. Very easy to do a swap...............Just want to think this through before buying pieces/parts...........baffles
ohhhh gotcha! i didnt even know they had a Envoy Denali. well i wish i could help ya more but the LS3 is just uncharted territory for me! good luck with the swap!!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you use the LPE 24x convetor or change the reluctor, it should bolt in using all the external parts from the stock 5.3 (accessories, oil pan, etc).

You might also consider an LY6 or L92, they are MUCH cheaper/more common than the LS3. The L92 is the *same* engine outfitted for truck use (at 403hp) and the LY6 is a 6.0L (376hp) version.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Teching In

The L92 is a great motor. Had that set up in my Yukon XL Denali. With the 6-speed auto, for the weight, it would move WELL.
If this conversion goes I only want a NEW crate motor. L92 and the 376/480 are priced about the same.
Will keep checking. Thanks, baffles

Quick Reply: Envoy Denali LS3 Conversion.......