Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

86 cutlass harness question

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 cutlass harness question

Hey guys so I've been reading the forums for quite some time. I just bought a 86 cutlass for my dd. For now but I bought it for a 5.3 swap. So I'm just reading and trying to gather all information and parts together so when I drop in its not to much suprises. But i have a question I was looking at psi harness. And they all say for no emmisions. And one of my goals would be to do the swap and be able to pass emissions for CA. How would it work and is it possible? I would hate to find illegal smog ever two years
Old 12-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Launching!

I'm in the same boat as you. I still have to get my harness reworked and i found a local shop around here which they say can make it work..along with some minor tuning..
Old 12-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Staging Lane

Ya I hope to get my swap going in March. I was planning to buy a already worked harness but seen the description for older non emission car. But I need to pass emissions but not much thread builds talk about that.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Remember that every state is different when it comes to emissions testing (or lack there of). In california is it a sniffer test? Or will they pop the hood and want to plug into the DLC because the car has a Fuel Injected engine? FYI, we sell a lot of harnesses to customers in California and have never been asked for emissions capability. Keep in mind that all of our harnesses come with O2 connections for closed loop operation. We just dont include a EGR/Air Pump (where applicable) and EVAP stuff.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 12-30-2011, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

good info for my soon to be 5.3 swap
Old 12-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Launching!

your best bet for a swap would be to find a wrecked car or truck so u can get all the emission stuff off the same engine, and look around lots of forums on gbodys/ lsx swaps. a if u can wire or know just a little about it, a stock(oem) engine harness is not hard to make stand alone. theres alot of helpful peps on here and stickys on wiring,so do some searching and good luck
PLEASE POST SOME PICS AND INFO OF YOUR BUILD IT WILL HELP THE NEXT GUY OUT LOL!!

Quick Reply: 86 cutlass harness question