Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor mount Issue with clamshell mounts..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor mount Issue with clamshell mounts..

Sorry Guys I dont have pics right now, but I just swapped in a 5.3 in my 1983 Cutlass.. the trans bolted right up but the motor mounts sit way too high I cant get a single bolt into the crossmember..

Im using 1 setback plates and stock clamshells.. Im using stock 305 motor mounts for the G-body as well.. Did I mix something up? using the set back plates I was under the impression I could get away with factory parts but I guess not..

Any suggestions?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Yeah the trans dapt stuff is nothing to get too excited about. What they don't tell you when you buy the adapters, is that you should really buy the frame pads to go along with. I think they're like $30

I'm fabbing mine next weekend and may or may not use the trans dapt after all. The mount holes on the block seem to sit squarely above the K frame, so I see no reason why the adapters reach so far forward.

I have 2 sets of frame pads (frame stands?) that I got off craigslist to play around with. Probly drill them out a bit and weld in a piece of pipe for the bolt to go thru. My G-force trans crossmember doesn't fit right either
Old 02-27-2012, 01:42 AM
Launching!

Which trandapt mounts are you using?? I was really close to using the transdapt 4592 plates but now i gotta find out.. I also had the 305 engine in my GP..BTW i found some LS1 ebay headers for cheap which i plan on using.. I also had considered the carshop 1in setback plates....
Old 02-27-2012, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

Several people used the setback plates with stock mounts and clam shells I wonder if the truck clams were different than the cars

Quick Reply: Motor mount Issue with clamshell mounts..