Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

starter wiring with truck fuseblock

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter wiring with truck fuseblock

I'm trying to find out what I need to hook my Jeep's starter "signal" wire to on the underhood fusebox.

If i touch it to the the big purple wire on C2 I get the starter to click (battery was low).

This is for a 2003 Express 3500 LQ4/4L80E with modified stock harness. Fuse block is out of a 04 tahoe....i think.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The purple wire you are talking about is in the "engine" harness, correct? It should be in cavity D 11 of this plugin. Assuming you have an 4l60 or 80 auto, and are using the transmission Neutral Safety Switch, you need the following:

1. Power to the fuseblock, and
2. verify the Black wire in Cavity D 12 of the "engine" harness is grounded.

All you need to do then is provide "starting" power to Pin C 10 of the C1 connector (the connector block that would run back into the cab) When "power" is applied to the C 10 pin, this energizes the starting relay of the underhood block and will cause the starter to run.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by RicOtt; 03-06-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you!

I'll go give it a shot.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Well, the purple/white wire from C1 got it to work. It was in position A11. I think I saw a thread mentioning that it was a purple/white wire, and there's only one in the C1 connector.

She cranks! But I'm only getting 0.2v going to the grey wire going to the fuel pump. So I jumpered 12v to the pump and listened for it to run. No fuel leaks (took the rails off to fill it with Seafoam a couple months ago to help loosen up the injectors).

Tomorrow I'll try and figure out the voltage to the fuel pump. I also need to get my battery replaced.