Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

starting to build an ls fox

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting to build an ls fox

well i started to build my new ls fox project and decided i would see what kind of suggestions i could get from people that know because i really have no clue, i have an 83 hatchback that is my streetcar and i have a 5.3l out of an 03 z71, i dont know what all the ls lingo is so other than what it came out of i have no idea anything about it, so far i have bought a victor jr intake and an msd 6ls ignition control, i am trying to choose between the ms3 and ms4 cam kits but i'm afraid that i may have to cut the pistons with the ms4 (anyone know for sure?), i am also trying to figure out what carb size i need, i have a 650 double pumper and i also have an 830 double pumper and i would prefer to use one of the two but i will buy something different if i have to, i am using a c4 tranny and i have a stall converter that flashes around 3700 behind a 302 with about 375hp, it has an 8.8 with a factory posi and some 4.10 gears, i plan on buying an eaton posi and some 31spline axles soon after i get the car moving, i want to get a tubular k member and motor mounts and some good kooks custom headers later on but for now i want to just get the car moving to keep me motivated so i am gonna fab up some mounts and put an ls flange on my sbf headers, i have ordered a bellhousing and i am about to send off my converter to get it modified for the swap so i hope in the next couple weeks i will be able to get it set in and fired up, any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated, ty much!!
Attached Thumbnails starting to build an ls fox-blk-mustang.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 AM

^^^^^^
Old 03-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Ms4 shouldnt have any problems with ptvc. I have run one before in an ls1 with no problem and they make big power. Check out my buddy rpayne he just went 10.97 with a ls1 turbo 350 ms4 in a foxbody. As far as carb size i coulndt tell you ive always messed with FI but there are carb calculators online if you look. Anyway good luck with the build!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That 850 would work fine, if you're going to run the MS4 cam. Should make similar power to my old sbf and I ran an 850 DP on it.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Nice man I'm doing the same swap except I'm putting a fresh 6.0 and running a built turbo 400. Already got the tubular k member and all put in. And Have dynatech headers waiting to go on. Just waiting on a cam so I can put the motor all the way together
Old 04-08-2012, 01:24 AM

ok so i have went a different route, now i have decided to put it all in my 93 hatch racecar since i am having major probs with the 408 that was in it, hope to have it running soon and i will post pics soon as well, ty for the replies
Old 04-08-2012, 01:26 AM

also i have decided to put the 5.3 in stock with a 200 shot and see how it runs and then i will be buying the stage 2.5 heads and the ms4 cam kit and comparing times

Quick Reply: starting to build an ls fox