Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67/68 Camaro guys what oil pan + mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Default 67/68 Camaro guys what oil pan + mounts?

I've got kind of a junker 67 Camaro laying around that I've been toying with the idea of doing a cheap 5.3L swap with a 4 speed Muncie behind it and just make it carbeurated. The V8 frame stands are still there, but I've heard they used different ones for different motors? I did a little reading through a few threads on this forum and it seems that the energy suspension block mounts are the way to go. Which block mount adapters and oil pan do I need though? I'd like to keep the Muncie in the stock location if possible, and I'd rather buy an aftermarket oil fan that just fits rather than modify one. I think I've seen someone mention the Holley pan and also the Mast pan?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am doing a 68 Nova. Same front clip as the 67-69 Camaro.

I went with the Autokraft pan.
I went with the Dirty Dingo Double-D Plates. (When looking at plates the transdapt are pretty cheap but get ones with this type of holes http://www.carshopinc.com/images/ls%...%20(Small).jpg notice how the bolts for the motor mounts are dropped down. this will ensure better fitment)
My motor mounts are the 1 3/4 x 2 5/8 not sure of what frame mounts are in the car.
Not sure of the fitment.. but hoping to know in a couple days as the car is going out for body work and I need to see if i need a cowl hood so first trial fit is coming ASAP.

Good luck,
Bruce