Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Swap

Hi all I am fairly new here. Had a question. I am hopefully in the final phase of this rather expensive and headache of a swap of an 04 GTO engine into an 83 Firebird. My shop manager asked me to ask you all (and I'm gonna type this the best way I can so you all understand)

everything in front of the throttle body going forward is there a custom pipe that will fit it need pipe in front of the throttle body fitting to the air cleaner.

Or asked if there was some sort of aftermarket kit or something I could use.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's no specific kit for it. I'd just go on ebay and buy one of their cheap LS1 cold air kits for a firebird.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If your asking about the Intake setup people build.. many will just custom make their intake from scratch.. There are many place to order the tubes, rubber elbow and parts. (Intakehoses.com, Jags that runs, etc, try googling for intake tubing, Alum pipe, rubber elbows, etc).
Order have been kwon to just go to the local Lowes or Home Depot and pick up some 3" (or bigger ?) ABS tube/elbows.
Another way is to use existing intake parts from other cars and trucks pulled from the local Pick n Pull's..

You should be able to research and get what you need. If you ask specific question or areas of concern, we would be able to give you some better answers..

You might also go to some of the 3rd gen F-body sites like Hawks Third Gen site.. they do list many Gen III/IV swap specific parts. (not that we don't good info here).

These swaps are getting to be very common due to the wild range of parts being marketed for swapping now adays..

BC
Old 03-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/lt...-swap-cai.html
Old 03-19-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a cold air intake I took off a 2008 Challenger SRT the I reconditioned at work.
Attached Thumbnails LS1 Swap-dscn1181.jpg   LS1 Swap-dscn1182.jpg  

Quick Reply: LS1 Swap