Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car intake, water pump and truck balancer ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car intake, water pump and truck balancer ?

Hey all,

We are in the process of getting an LM7 into a 70 MG BGT and got a question about the water pump balancer and intake.

Due to how the engine needs to sit, the use of a truck balancer is necessary to clear the rack. I dont have a pic to show right now but the center of the rack needs to sit between the timing cover and the back of the balancer neccesitating a truck balancer.

Because of hood clearance, a truck intake isnt possible to use so a car intake is going on. The issue being is fitting the right waterpump in there. Im not concerned about the alternator bracket as the is going to be a custom but a car waterpump is gonna be necessary from wat I can tell.

Now for the questions.

1) Will the F body pump work with a truck balancer or does it only work with a f body or Vette balancer?

2) If the F body wont work with the Truck balancer, is there a car style pump that will?

3) If no off the shelf options are available, is it possible to press off the pully from a car and a truck waterpump and make a hybrid?

4) If thats a no, is there another possibilty? I can only think that a last resort would be to make aluminum spacers to space the pump out enough to work with the truck pulley.

Suprisingly, other than some sheetmetal trimming, an LS slides into an MG fairly easily when you use a Quiktime Bell and a TKO. Much less cutting needed than using a 4l60e.

Hope some can help
Old 03-30-2012, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://dirtydingo.com/store/p1362/LS...duct_info.html

Im using a car intake and pump with truck balancer on a lq4. I did use these dirty dingo spacers for the pump.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

spacers it is.

Thanks for the link
Old 03-31-2012, 02:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Several options for the water pump:
spacers
L99 pump
press the f body pulley farther off the shaft
swap the truck pulley on f body pump
or buy one already done
http://www.foxlinders.com/accessories/waterpump.html

Quick Reply: Car intake, water pump and truck balancer ?