Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Level Sensor Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Fuel Level Sensor Question

I'm going to install a Tanks Inc fuel pump kit in my LS swap in my 72 Cutlass and was wonder what other people who have this set up are doing about their fuel level sensor. I have SpeedHut gauges so it can be programmed to different resistances but wasn't sure if people are keeping their stock sensors or swapping in a different set up. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-22-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have updated my fuel tank and sender with a 95 Impala tank and sender for my Chevelle. The Sender is that same 0-90 ohm as my 71 Chevelle, so I am using it as is. Just connecting it up. I am going to replace all of the gauges with a full Set of Autometers, fuel level included. but leave it as 0-90 ohms.

Tankinc also has a retro fit type of fuel level sender, it is doesn't use a arm float setup. Floatless. It is like a tube and can be mounted and ordered in 3 different ohm range.

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/pa...rod/prd346.htm

BC
Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That new level sensor looks nice. Kind of pricey but probably worth it. I guess I don't really need to know my fuel level if I'm taking hard corners as long as I know how much there was before I started. I think I might look over my sending unit and maybe get a new one and cap the outlet tube off.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

If you have your original sender, and you have room for it with the Tanks pump assembly, I would use it, otherwise you have to cut another hole in the tank and figure out a way to plug the original sender hole.

Quick Reply: Fuel Level Sensor Question