Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convert LM4 5.3 from DBW to DBC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Convert LM4 5.3 from DBW to DBC?

A week or so ago I posted about an Envoy EXT 5.3 engine I was considering. I ended up buying it. The good - 46K, has starter, alternator, AC comp,, PS pump. The bad - no Tac module, gas pedal, MAF, ECM, or harness. Actually came with about 1/2 to 3/4's of the harness, but obviously not enough. Was considering changing it to DBC, don't have or need cruise, traction control, or other features needed for DBW. Seems it would be easier to get an earlier ECM, harness and throttle body. Anything else I need to change, or to take into consideration? Are the different MAF's interchangeable? Oh yeah, has a cracked left vave cover too. Need to find a 4L60 or 4L65 trans too. TIA for any advice.
Jim
Old 09-15-2012, 09:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

5 pin MAF from any truck pre 2007 will work. Regarding Drive by Wire/Cable, the throttle body is the only change, probably be easier to change to a red/blue 411 pcm as it has the IAC drivers to run the DBC Throttle body. Chances are the green/blue PCM you have with the LM4 does not have IAC drivers. Just my 2 cents.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: Convert LM4 5.3 from DBW to DBC?