Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget 69 camaro swap info needed, anyone go the cheap route on a 1st gen?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question Budget 69 camaro swap info needed, anyone go the cheap route on a 1st gen?

have a complete truck engine swap.
have truck and fbody manifolds & some 4th gen headers.
Have a ctsv and fbody oil pans & a truck pan.
Have a 4l65e tranny and a t56, maybe a th350 also.
Factory radiator, it's an auto car, base 69 camaro with power steering and non power front disc brakes. 10 bolt with 3.08 gears for now..... Dam..... It has a big block in it and the frame mounts have been welded in with spacers, th350 behind it.

I'm just looking for the cheapest, if possible but not limited to, stuff to get this swap done and enjoy driving the car until I decide if I want to make it faster or change other stuff on it. I have other stuff to work on also so I want to get it done n go. The car is currently a driver with minimal stuff needed.

I know I should read the stickies or do a search but.... Sometimes someone has done this and can post it up. If not I deserve a slap for asking. Here I put it in before someone else does.....
Old 10-11-2012, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 pwrd NOVA
have a complete truck engine swap.
have truck and fbody manifolds & some 4th gen headers.
Have a ctsv and fbody oil pans & a truck pan.
Have a 4l65e tranny and a t56, maybe a th350 also.
Factory radiator, it's an auto car, base 69 camaro with power steering and non power front disc brakes. 10 bolt with 3.08 gears for now..... Dam..... It has a big block in it and the frame mounts have been welded in with spacers, th350 behind it.
So I assume everything you are listing is everything you have. I would say you have a few of the things need to start a conversion.
-You'll need to figure out fuel option
-You can keep your radiator but will have to find the correct hose to connect. (many have just change out for a new conversion radiator)
-Do you plan to use the stock truck accessories or f-body
-Do you plan to use the truck intake or LS1,LS2,LS3,etc....
-Do you plan to do the wiring yourself, someone else or aftermarket
-Headers or manifolds
-Do you plan to add boost or N/A
-Your gauges will need to be addressed
-Fuel lines
-Adapter plates (create your own or aftermarket)
List goes on and on
-
Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry I wasn't more specific. But everything will be done by me except the tuning for now.
When I meant budget I meant budget. Use what I currently have to get it going the cheapest at this time. I understand what it takes to do a swap. I just want what works budget wise for a 1st Gen as I know what works for a 66 Nova and chevelle budget wise.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 pwrd NOVA
Sorry I wasn't more specific. But everything will be done by me except the tuning for now.
When I meant budget I meant budget. Use what I currently have to get it going the cheapest at this time. I understand what it takes to do a swap. I just want what works budget wise for a 1st Gen as I know what works for a 66 Nova and chevelle budget wise.
From my understanding 1st Gen and Nova are basically identical. Everything you've done for your Nova fan be done for 1st Gen.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well 1st/2nd gen novas and 1st gen camaros are different swaps, they are not the same. subframes are totally different but......... I forgot that 3rd gen novas and 1st gen camaros are the same or share subframes. I'm sure more budget swaps were performed by nova owners than camaro owners so that should help in my search. Thanks spec134.

But just in case anyone with info post up. I'll also be searching the 3rd gen nova swaps and forum.

Quick Reply: Budget 69 camaro swap info needed, anyone go the cheap route on a 1st gen?