Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neutral Safety Switch Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neutral Safety Switch Wiring

I realize I'm probably beating a dead horse, however, after a little research I can't find anything. My LM7/4L60E/Fbody harness and PCM swap is in a '72 Mercedes Benz using the factory shifter. The neutral safety switch, to my knowledge, is not hooked up. I can start the car with the shifter in any position. I'm not sure this is the issue, but it seems as though I can't rev the car out very far while driving. Using a gear calculator, I should be able to go around 115mph in 3rd gear, but at the track I was hitting a fuel cut or rev limiter around 95mph. My dad suggested the neutral safety switch as the culprit... if the NSS will cause a low rev limiter/fuel cut because the PCM thinks it's in neutral, can I use a switch for starting the car and flipping it to drive the car? I realize it's not ideal, but I'm not asking if I should or shouldn't. I'm the only person that ever drives this car, and I'm very familar with it and the fact it will start in any gear, this, if anything will make it safer. I'd also like to be able to go faster than 95mph at the track, being that it has an MS3 cam

Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What do you have the switch set for in the tune. If using HPTUNERs it is under SYSTEM/GENERAL tab. Also, Is the correct tire size and gear ratio programmed into the vehicle?

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 02-09-2013, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I dont see that being Neutral Safety...I've never had a problem with any of that when I've built/tuned vehicles...

Quick Reply: Neutral Safety Switch Wiring