Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 mustang gt 5.3/t56

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sube
Would you pm'ing me your build list? I'm looking to do a fox body with about an $8000 budget. But if you only have about $3300 in it....I might be able to swing that. I already have a LS1 and a T-56.
Ill have to pm you later. I'd say if you allready have the motor and teams its gonna be half of what I paid. Just k member. Mounts. Drive shaft. Wiring. Ecu. That's about it really. I bought a motor with nothing on it so I had to go and buy everything fbody. Plus the intake. Tb. Injectors. Ect. Wiring. Ecu. **** basically everything. Some was new some was on a budget and used stuff.
Originally Posted by BlackLS1Camaro
Where did you get that LSX EGR block off plate for your intake? Looks nice!
I bought it off eBay like 60$. Been eyeballing it forever. Wishing it go down in price. Then I said **** it and bought it caus with needed it

Last edited by tired2valve; 03-09-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tired2valve
Ill have to pm you later. I'd say if you allready have the motor and teams its gonna be half of what I paid. Just k member. Mounts. Drive shaft. Wiring. Ecu. That's about it really. I bought a motor with nothing on it so I had to go and buy everything fbody. Plus the intake. Tb. Injectors. Ect. Wiring. Ecu. **** basically everything. Some was new some was on a budget and used stuff.
Wow, that's a whole lot cheaper than what I got budgeted doing a foxbody swap. Did you use your stock a-arms and transmission crossmember? And also, do you think it is better to use a Mustang GT vs a V-6 Mustang? I don't know if there is a difference in fuel systems and the rear end between the different models? Stuff like that.

I'm assuming you did suspension mods to your Mustang while it still had the 4.6 in it? Sorry for all the questions lol.

Thanks!

Rusty
Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Wow, that's a whole lot cheaper than what I got budgeted doing a foxbody swap. Did you use your stock a-arms and transmission crossmember? And also, do you think it is better to use a Mustang GT vs a V-6 Mustang? I don't know if there is a difference in fuel systems and the rear end between the different models? Stuff like that.

I'm assuming you did suspension mods to your Mustang while it still had the 4.6 in it? Sorry for all the questions lol.

Thanks!

Rusty
I did use stock a arms. It's aje k member. Motor mounts and there Trans mount. My car is original gt model, has the 8.8 in ot. all that's done to its suspension wise is eibach lowering spring. Lakewood adjustable shocks up front. That's it lol. I had bought -6 fuel line and ran a new feed. Using vette filter in the stock location of the mustang. The have a return to the tank that I drilled and used a fuel cell fitting.

Questions are no problem man. Ask away and ill tell you what I've done or what I'd do in my experience.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

Cool beans Did you have to cut the center console at all or is the shifter in the stock location? Getting a 99 or newer Mustang GT is looking pretty attractive right now. They're going from about 3500 on up for a v-6 to about 5-6000 or higher for a GT. My budget is right at 7500 or so, so doing newer Mustang would definitely work. From what I've seen, it's harder to find a clean foxbody without paying way over the top for it. Your build actually looks affordable lol. And you have a nice looking Mustang to boot.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Cool beans Did you have to cut the center console at all or is the shifter in the stock location? Getting a 99 or newer Mustang GT is looking pretty attractive right now. They're going from about 3500 on up for a v-6 to about 5-6000 or higher for a GT. My budget is right at 7500 or so, so doing newer Mustang would definitely work. From what I've seen, it's harder to find a clean foxbody without paying way over the top for it. Your build actually looks affordable lol. And you have a nice looking Mustang to boot.
I cut about an inch or so back from the original shifter hole. Then made a plastic cover to fill in the space that wasn't needed with a piece of plastic I had laying around.
Bought mine for 4k
Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 AM
12 Second Club

Are you going to hook up the AC? Also can you take some pics of what you did to modify the center console?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Launching!

Are you going to hook up the AC? Also can you take some pics of what you did to modify the center console?
Ac is next on the agenda.

Had to make my own shifter. Didn't have to modify the actual center consold just the Trans tunnel
Old 03-12-2013, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

exhaust vids!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by superbean
exhaust vids!
Ill take one tomorrow
Old 03-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Here Y'all go
Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Is this build a smog-friendly build?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

I read your thread on Hybrid, did you get your transmission issues worked out?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 71c10AZ
Is this build a smog-friendly build?
Trying to be. Lmao I'm trying to get it to pass emissions right now.
I read your thread on Hybrid, did you get your transmission issues worked out?
Not yet. Adjusted the pedal. Goes I to gear easier now. Still no third. What ever lmao
Old 03-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Teching In

What smog equipment are you using, if any? I am in Phoenix, so I'm trying to figure out what I'll need to pass an OBDII inspection/check.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 71c10AZ
What smog equipment are you using, if any? I am in Phoenix, so I'm trying to figure out what I'll need to pass an OBDII inspection/check.
Nothing really. I just told the guy that flashedecu to turn everything off that's not needed. I then took it to my friends work that he's a state inspector for and hooked it up to see if it would pass and he said 'maybe' I would like to be able to just pull up and everything checks completed. I want to talk with a few people that tunes stock mustang Ecus to see if they can flash it to so everything is working properly. So when I take it up there the computer sees a stock musyang compared to a Chevy when they see a ford sitting there. But I can get it to pass either way. It's not a big deal I just have to pay more for the sticker.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tired2valve
Nothing really. I just told the guy that flashedecu to turn everything off that's not needed. I then took it to my friends work that he's a state inspector for and hooked it up to see if it would pass and he said 'maybe' I would like to be able to just pull up and everything checks completed. I want to talk with a few people that tunes stock mustang Ecus to see if they can flash it to so everything is working properly. So when I take it up there the computer sees a stock musyang compared to a Chevy when they see a ford sitting there. But I can get it to pass either way. It's not a big deal I just have to pay more for the sticker.
I did the same thing, had all evap stuff deleted. Mine passes PA OBDII test with no problems.

Tired, you need louder exhaust! Any plans on lowering your car?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 AM
12 Second Club

What do you think was the most difficult part of the swap?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99MUSTANG5.3L
I did the same thing, had all evap stuff deleted. Mine passes PA OBDII test with no problems.

Tired, you need louder exhaust! Any plans on lowering your car?
Haha yeah it was loud with the 4.6 I don't know what happened. Lol same exhaust and everything just not out the back. Yes lowering the car is a must. I just need to save up a grand to buy Coilovers.
What do you think was the most difficult part of the swap?
Man really everything was pretty easy. The only thing that was remoatly hard was the clutch cable to hydraulic conversion. Other than that its pretry dam easy. It was just time consuming and I dot make much money as some people does. So I bought some parts one month and had to save up pay rent and ****.
Wiring was straight foreword, I've done motor swaps before so the mechanical part of it wasn't a big deal to me. I did a bunch of searching on the gm ps to mustang rack and there was a couple dudes that had a write up. Abs delete was pretty easy. My first time ever flaring tubing like that and it took a couple tries but I only had a couple tiny leaks that was fixe by flaring it a little bigger.
Other than that, I'd do it again
Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

I've never done a swap so the one that scares me is wiring harness part, but I've got a friend of a friend that might be able to work that part out for me. Everything else with putting the motor in and stuff doesn't bother me since I've had the motor and transmission out of my TA multiple times lol. Did your remove all the stock Mustang engine harness and keep the body harness for the lights and stuff? It looks like from your engine bay pic that you stripped most of everything out of there.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Launching!

I've never done a swap so the one that scares me is wiring harness part, but I've got a friend of a friend that might be able to work that part out for me. Everything else with putting the motor in and stuff doesn't bother me since I've had the motor and transmission out of my TA multiple times lol. Did your remove all the stock Mustang engine harness and keep the body harness for the lights and stuff? It looks like from your engine bay pic that you stripped most of everything out of there.
Yep that's correct. I actually tucked the body harness. The stock fuse block is under the drivers side fender. Mounted it to the frame out of the way of the tire. Same as the other side. Tucked up and toes outta the way.
Wiring was scary for me too. Since I've never done this sorta swap using the stock mustang harness to tap power into cause ford is weird and I didn't know how it was gonna work out but it ended up being super simple

Quick Reply: 99 mustang gt 5.3/t56