Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant crossover tubes/oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant crossover tubes/oil pan

using an fbody water pump on 5.3...the coolant crossover has the outlet that went to the throttle body on the truck intake...can it be capped off or where is it suposed to go?

also using an aje k member and have the muscle car pan...do they work well it looks to be better than the truck pan for clearance from pan to ground but havent had it in the car yet
Old 04-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Bypass the throttle body and just go direct from the outlet to either the radiator or to a drilled and tipped hole on the water pump. My radiator hs a stem line port on the passenger side, some switched to the tube for 2007 and up trucks, which comes up on the passenger side. It made for much cleaner hose routing.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Launching!

If you have the original style LS1 waterpump(not the GTO pump) many swaps drill/tap a 90degree fitting on the top of the pump at the boss where the truck waterpipe would have been. I don't have a picture but do a few more searches and I think you will find one. I suggest running a rear crossover pipe rather than cap them off.

Short of the corvette pan I think the F-body pan has the next best ground clearance. I'm using a notched F pan in my Chevelle for that very reason.

Quick Reply: coolant crossover tubes/oil pan