Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 vs lt1 fbody gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 vs lt1 fbody gas pedal

Was not exactly sure where to post this. On another site, this topic got derailed so hopefully I can ask it here.

I'm gathering parts for my LS engine swap from my 3.8. There plenty of lt1 car in the salvage yard here. Question is. Would one of the lt1 gas pedals work for a 99+ ls1 car?
Old 04-27-2013, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 99MedBlueBird
Was not exactly sure where to post this. On another site, this topic got derailed so hopefully I can ask it here.

I'm gathering parts for my LS engine swap from my 3.8. There plenty of lt1 car in the salvage yard here. Question is. Would one of the lt1 gas pedals work for a 99+ ls1 car?
If you are talking about cable controlled (not drive-by-wire or "computer" controlled), then yes any cabled gas pedal can be made to work with a little finessing. I know I yanked one from a 2002 Tahoe, and another from a 90s (LT1) Silverado, and they were both basically the same thing. One of the cables was about 10" shorter...although I don't recall which one it was.

I had to end up using one of the pedals from the trucks, along with an aftermarket cable, as neither of the stock cables was long enough for my application. I also had to fabricate a spacer bracket for the gas pedal because if I mounted it straight to the firewall my gas pedal would be about 3" lower than my brake pedal.

Take some measurements in the car you drive daily to see where they place the pedals in relation to each other. You want the gas pedal to sit a little lower than the brakes, presumably so that you don't accidentally slam on the gas when you slam on the brakes.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the stock pedal in my 96 Formula and a 1LE cable from a LS1 car and had to bend the pedal where the cable connects back towards the driver about 1inch. Worked perfectly. I would say try your stock pedal and as long as they hook up the same they are easiyl bent to work.

Quick Reply: Ls1 vs lt1 fbody gas pedal