Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 camaro v6 to v8 swap. Help Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 camaro v6 to v8 swap. Help Needed!

My Camaro is currently a 207 3.4 V6 BUT im swapping it to a 1979 regular 350 5.7 from my truck and i have a couple of issues. im not sure if my trans (warner bros T-5) will bolt up to the 1977 Bell housing and if it does i am not sure if the shaft is to long. i feel like im going to need a lot of beer doing this swap. also is it true that you have to "drop" the engine instead of pulling the motor? if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-24-2013, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

I think the 3.4 T5 has the FWD bolt pattern.

Have you looked into what's needed to make the distributor fit?
Old 06-24-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok..

Body is a 95 Camaro (V6)
Engine is a early Gen I 350 from a Truck
Bell Housing is from a 77 (from ?)
Trans is a T-5 (from ?)

You could do either.. FSM would direct you to drop the engine, trans and K-Member. Many have dropped the Trans and pulled the engine from the top. both have there pro/con's on doing it either way.

Big question is what did the T-5 come from.. I know the Gen 3 F-body has offset trans mounts (15 degree clockwise ?) as many others cars and truck T-5 of the era... and could not use an early style 4 speed Bell Housing.

You need to make sure all of the parts will bolt together and as stated above.. what about the Distrib...?...

Why are you going to a Gen I 350 ??
Old 06-24-2013, 02:22 PM

The reason im using a 1979 block, is because its the only block i have.

the T-5 is the trans that came with the manual V6 Camaros in that generation.

the bell housing is from my buddies 1977 Chevy Silverado k5. If that bell housing wont work do yall know one that will? ive looked and looked and i cant seem to find one that will accept either the trans or the block.

And with the distributor i was going to see how it fits as is and i concluded (one of my bad ideas) if it dosent want to fit all nice and what not, break out the rotozip or a dremmel. worst case, get the welder and cut metal that way.

i would use new parts and what not if i had deeper pockets (still in highschool and doing online classes so i cant get more hours) so my project budget is $1200

Quick Reply: 95 camaro v6 to v8 swap. Help Needed!