Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me put a fuel pump in my fuel cell.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help me put a fuel pump in my fuel cell.

Hi all,

I need to get a build thread going.... But anyways,

I have a RCI aluminum fuel cell that I just mounted in my 67' Chevelle...

I just got done installing a 370 LS motor that makes a little over 400 rwhp.

I plan on spraying a 150 shot off the rails, but never any more.

I ran this same setup in my DD 01 Z28 and did fine with the Holley Walboro that the previous owner had installed.

So basically I need to find a Walboro in tank (255) pump with the sock filter inlet. I don't want to pay extra for some "specific fit" in tank walboro since I will be running my own electrical and fuel lines anyway.

I also need to find a place to buy the Corvette regulator and research what fittings I need to convert the barbs on the corvette regulator to AN fittings.

Does anyone know of a "How To" on the Corvette regulator? I couldn't find one.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There has been many threads on replacing the OEM Quick Connectors with the Russell ones.. just search for the threads for "Russell Quick Disconnect" or something like that.

here is one thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...sconnects.html

As far as your fuel cell with putting a in tank pump.... and not wantting to pay the extra !.. you might look into the TanksINC conversion kit.. or look into trying to swap a Vette or F-Body pump unit.

Vetterworks make a kit to adapt the LS1 pump setup to other tanks (if your good at fab work, you might be able to make your own).
http://www.vetteworksonline.net/cata...products_id=89

BC
Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO skip the Vette regulator and go with an Aeromotive 13101. You're fuel demands are going to be higher than what the O.E. regulator was designed for.

Why do you want to put the pump in that tank? If you mount it externally as close to the bottom of the cell as possible it should work fine.

It's possible to put that Walbro fuel pump in those aluminum aftermarket tanks (they're not really fuel cells) but it takes a bit of fabwork. Make a 12-bolt blank top plate from some 1/8" plate, weld a post to the bottom (1" pipe is fine) to mount your fuel pump to, drill a bulkhead fitting over the pump outlet and connect with aluminum fuel tube using AN tube nuts and ferrules. Then you need special bulkhead electrical connectors for + and - connections. Make a mounting ring inside the cell and bolt it all together.

I can put you in touch with a vendor that stocks all the parts needed, or even build you a plate with a pump already installed, plumbed and wired. He's not a vendor here so you'll have to PM me for that.

Basically this is what it looks like when it's finished. This one has two Walbros but a single is the same idea.
Attached Thumbnails Help me put a fuel pump in my fuel cell.-productsinfo-element30.jpg  
Old 07-10-2013, 12:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I am looking at the Mallory fpr its $110 at summit.
I had a nitrous outlet stand alone 3/4 gallon fuel cell for nitrous in a old setup. They just put a aluminum L bracket in the cell with a hole big enough to stick the walboro in then drilled holes in cell and plug welded the bracket to the inside wall of the cell.
I just need to find the electrical bulkhead that is rated for fuel.

Quick Reply: Help me put a fuel pump in my fuel cell.