Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Camaro parts into a 70 Nova

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 09:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 Camaro parts into a 70 Nova

I currently have a 11.1 forged 347ci LS1, built 4L60E and a narrowed Ford 9" in my 98 Camaro. I like the car but don't love it, I had a 70 Nova as my 1st car and I ended selling once we got married and started a family. I really would like to get another Nova and I'm thinking about pulling the drive train, wiring, radiator and anything else I can out of the Camaro and sticking them in a Nova. I'm just trying to get an a game plan together and see what can be reused and what can't be. Can the Camaro Headers fit in a Nova? I've seen where people modify the stock F-body oil pan, is that to clear the sub-frame or the rear hung steering?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Take a look at the x-body thread in my signature. There are quite a few Nova swaps now you can pull ideas from. The f-body pan can be modified to fit. The issue is clearance for steering. I do not know if f-body headers would fit but it seems unlikely due to the location of the Nova steering box.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As Bandit said. Check out the X-Body Threads...

I used a 02' Z28 for my parts to swap into my 71 Nova... I used the Engine, Trans, radiator, Fans, brakes... along with the harness, Accessories and PCM..

I would recommend just using a Aftermarket pan.. (Holley or MAST for Cast or if Steel, Autokraft). You will encounter less problems.

I know some have used the 4th Gen Headers on A-Body.. can't recall if they have used them on 1st gen F-Body or 3rd gen X-Body, But most likely will work with some minor work.

BC

Quick Reply: 98 Camaro parts into a 70 Nova