Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new to the ls series

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new to the ls series

I have a 1987 mazda rx7 turbo ii with no engine. Its got a v mount set up for an ls series engine. I'm thinking of buying an avalanche engine with 40,000 miles on it. I plan to turbo it eventually, What turbo should I use? What intake is best? Who makes the turbo exhaust/downpipe for this set up? Whats the best engine management system to use? How should I do the standalone wiring?
Old 07-21-2013, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php , you are asking so much I can't even begin to answer. Read up, familiarize yourself with LS and related information, then ask questions.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am new to this site but come with a background if FI In my OP you should look into perssison turbo/ borg werner they need to have a large hot side but not something to big.
As far as intake goes its really up to you and what you can afford. not positive on exhaust but i know you could swap headers from left to right and right to left and mach up your own exhaust . as far as tunning / ecu is concered hp tuners and mega squirt both have good stuff to offer but this all depends on how much you want to pay

Quick Reply: Brand new to the ls series