Need a custom hose end

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need a custom hose end

Engine swap into a tight space.
Power steering pump remote reservoir is a -10AN ORB
There isn't enough room for any ORB fitting I can find to get between engine and frame, and I've tried a bunch now.

There's just enough room for a 90 degree 10AN straight to a female JIC on there. Anyone know of a place to get something custom made up?

I'd like a -10AN ORB in a shallow mount package - 1.5" exposed - turning 90 degrees to a -10AN male if I could pick anything.

I've spent a week now looking for something off the shelf and it doesn't seem to exist.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm understanding you correctly you need this? If you have a Iphone Parker has an app than comes in handy for this.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

XRP 989110 height 1-1/4”
Old 07-25-2013, 07:11 AM
On The Tree

Do not use the cast hard angle adapter fittings in any steering circuits, especially the feed hose to the pump. They are too tight and will create turbulence. The feed hose hose is critical and the fluid needs to kind of "fall" into the pump unrestricted. If the pump has to pull fluid through a tight fitting like that, it will fail in short order.

Use swept fittings only. If this won't fit you need to move the reservoir to make it fit.
Attached Thumbnails Need a custom hose end-images.jpg  
Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ctd450
Do not use the cast hard angle adapter fittings in any steering circuits, especially the feed hose to the pump. They are too tight and will create turbulence. The feed hose hose is critical and the fluid needs to kind of "fall" into the pump unrestricted. If the pump has to pull fluid through a tight fitting like that, it will fail in short order.

Use swept fittings only. If this won't fit you need to move the reservoir to make it fit.
I misstated the problem. Type in haste, repent at leisure.

The reservoir is fine. What I meant to say was that the connection from the remote reservoir to the pump is the problem. I have a tc pump with the inlet coming out of the side - right where my suspension mount point is situated.

There's no room to move the engine and it already has everything on a frontrunner setup to make it fit. Packaging constraints are quite severe here. You should see how much of the car had to come apart just to get a slightly bigger reservoir in there...

Now if there's a top fill tc pump we might be talking, but until then cast it has to be. This whole business started because the pump is cavitating when the fluid gets hot. I'm hoping the psc reservoir and a cooler will fix it, otherwise there will be a hydroboost setup for sale and I'll have manual brakes...

@Gray86Hatch - thanks I'll try that one. It looks like a contender at least.
@55superbeetle - your Parker-fu is better than mine - I've been on there a half dozen times looking for something that will work with no luck at all.

Quick Reply: Need a custom hose end