Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corvette or standard?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corvette or standard?

Hello guys first off I'm new here so correct me if I'm in the wrong area. My situation is that I'm installing a ls-1, 4.8 out of a 2004 Chevy Silverado. I'm currently plumbing and wiring. My question is do I use the standard external fuel filter and use the standard fuel return or do i buy the corvette filter with built in regulator at the filter to return. I think that the computer regulates the fuel pressure on the regular set up?? NOt sure !! I'm still researching the engine harness,ECU,and computer. It is a throttle by wire set up. Oh yea it's going into a 1951 Chevy truck. if I go standard do I need to put regulator in the return line??
New at this.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by 51 chevy
Hello guys first off I'm new here so correct me if I'm in the wrong area. My situation is that I'm installing a ls-1, 4.8 out of a 2004 Chevy Silverado. I'm currently plumbing and wiring. My question is do I use the standard external fuel filter and use the standard fuel return or do i buy the corvette filter with built in regulator at the filter to return. I think that the computer regulates the fuel pressure on the regular set up?? NOt sure !! I'm still researching the engine harness,ECU,and computer. It is a throttle by wire set up. Oh yea it's going into a 1951 Chevy truck. if I go standard do I need to put regulator in the return line??
New at this.
2004 was kind of a transitional year. If the engine was a flex-fuel it will have a return style fuel rail, 3/8 feed and 5/16 return. This type will also have a vacuum controlled fuel pressure regulator on the rail. You would just need a regular fuel injection rated filter, in the feed line. Then run the return to the tank. If you have a returnless rail, it will have a pulse damper on the rail that looks similar to a regulator, but does NOT have a vacuum line going to it. If you have this type, you would need the Corvette fuel filter/regulator.

Quick Reply: corvette or standard?