Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few more LS1 swap questions(G Body)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few more LS1 swap questions(G Body)

I am getting this sending unit to drop into my tank, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt-fg156a, what is a good stock replacement pump I can source out that will fit the sending unit and provide enough pressure for the LS1. I was originally going to get a replacement GN pump.. but I've read it might not provide enough pressure.. True or False?

Next, Gauges. I am probably going to buy a Tach & electric Speedo..
The Speedo would get hooked up directly to the 4l60e, or is there a connection to the engine computer also? If so, can you provide details??
And the Tach, that gets hooked up to a wire to the computer, right?
I've read somewhere about getting a tach for a 4cyl or something?? What up with that? Does it matter? They are going to be Auto Meter gauges, just haven't decided which set yet..

Coolant & Oil Pressure.. Would it be easiest to get these electric too? And just use the OE connectors on the harness? (it's a 2002 f body harness & computer) if not, what do I need to hook up mechanical gauges to the ls1?

And the Volt gauge.. does this need a wire to the computer too?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate any help.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the pump and sending unit, check out racetronix they have preassembled sending units with pumps for a very good price. There is a speedo output coming from the ecm. Take a look at the correct ecm pin-outs for your harness and ecm to find out which wire it is.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks.. i sent them an email for info.. There's too many choices on that site I get confused.. lol

hoping they can set me up with the whole sha-bang.. Sending unit/pump and all the wiring.. Probably need a universal harness b/c this is going into a car that had a carb, so there's no wiring to adapt to for the pump.. But it looks like their universal harness doesn't have a connector for a pump, just wiring.. So I want to make sure I get the correct stuff.. Hoping he can piece it together for me and give me a price..

Quick Reply: few more LS1 swap questions(G Body)