Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo LSx Mustang Guys--Manifold Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Turbo LSx Mustang Guys--Manifold Help

I was searching around the net looking for different manifold possibilities for running a turbo setup that might be able to retain AC and power steering.

I found one that might work, however I don't have a car to try it out on. I was wondering if one of you guys that has a turbo'd setup might be able to take a look and see if it might work.

From what I can tell, it looks like it might clear the stock F-body alternator and PS configuration when flipped around for a turbo setup. On the passenger side, I was thinking I might be able to use the high mount AC setup that uses either the Sanden compressor or the one that uses the older GM style compressor.

Hopefully one of you guys won't mind shedding some light on this for me. I really want to build a turbo car, but it has to have PS and AC.

I attached a pic of the one I think will work on the drivers side. The other one is a mirror image of that one.

FWIW, plans are to build a 99-04 Mustang with a 370, 4L80, and a PT76 turbo. Hoping for a mid-low 9-sec daily driver.
Attached Thumbnails Turbo LSx Mustang Guys--Manifold Help-speedway-manifold.jpg  
Old 10-29-2013, 10:43 AM
9 Second Club

You could use flipped truck manifolds. The drivers side will need to be cut back and have a v band welded on to clear f body alt location. I'm unsure of exactly how the ps pump sits on the motor since I went manual rack but I'm sure it could be routed around somehow and made to work. Here is a pic of the ac setup I did in my fox and the pass manifold I never cut I just got the proper flange to bolt up to it and it cleared this mount fine.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

My main concern is finding something to clear the stock F-body alternator/power steering setup. I've seen a few setups with modified truck manifolds that clear them, but I was just trying to find something that doesn't have to be modified to fit. I'm gonna be building about 5 setups when I get around to doing it.

I was hoping to find some stock manifolds that will bolt on and not have to be modified to clear anything. I want to do a setup with the turbo mounted on the drivers side with a 4" downpipe snaked through the k-member somehow. I'm still trying to plan it all out at the moment.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:42 PM
9 Second Club

Gotcha, my setup is similar but I skipped the power steering and mounted the turbo on the drivers side and ran a 3.5 inch downpipe and snaked down through the k member.

Quick Reply: Turbo LSx Mustang Guys--Manifold Help