Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st gen firebird questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 1st gen firebird questions.

alright so my boss comes up to me the other day and says he has a 69 firebird that he wants me to get running for him, i say alright ill check it out. couple days pass and he tows it to our shop so i take a look at it get it fired up for the first time in 7+ years. then he comes up to me and says he has plans to paint it and make it all nice and says he wants to be able to jsut get in a fired it up and go. says hes thinking about fuel injecting it and first thing i say is we can do something LS based and hes like alright look into different options for me. from what i can tell its a stock 69 firebird 400, soemone put heddman headers on it and a crappy exhaust setup at one time.

my question is how hard would it be to do a basic (and i mean basic throw it in and fire it up) swap? i am not new to swaps but just havent done one on a car this old yet. or should i just rebuild the 400 for him and maybe try and get him to do like a ez efi setup to keep the stock motor in it?

heres some pics of the beast.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 145 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

With all the kits out there to put an LS engine in a first gen F body these days, it shouldn't be hard at all. Just search this site for some build threads, you'll find a lot of them.

Quick Reply: 1st gen firebird questions.